Storylane Weekly: Read the story about ‘’My mother's wontons’’


This is Connectikpeople series regarding Storylane weekly: In fact, Storylane is a social network which aims to enable you to know your friends a little bit better, and get inspired by people's experiences, decisions and opinions. Now we focus on the story about ‘’my mother's wontons’’ By Chloe Fan.
‘’As a Chinese daughter, I considered following my mother in the kitchen to be one of the most important cultural lessons I could learn from her. When I was younger, I would marvel at her cooking skills and thought I would never be able to make dishes as well as she could. But at some point, I decided that it would never happen if I didn't even try to learn from her.

So whenever I took a rare trip back home, I would watch my mom closely as she made dishes in our suburban American kitchen, as she moved around intuitively preparing dishes, timing just right when to put the wood ear into the soup while she made the meat filling for the stuffed tofu, a graceful and balanced act perfected over years of experience, pouring over cookbooks, and no doubt, techniques learned from her own mother’’.
Read the rest of this story...

Comments

Popular Posts