Posts

Showing posts from March 31, 2015

Top countries from which cyber attack traffic originates

Image
As you can observe and learn each day, the cyber war is real and the cyber security is henceforth a strategic and critical asset in our digital-driven age. 
In theFourth Quarter, 2014 State of the Internet Report, one can deeply uncover that:The majority of attack traffic continued to originate from the Asia Pacific region (59%), and China remained well ahead of the other countries/regions (41%), originating more than three times the observed attack traffic than the U.S. (13%).


According to the same report, the remaining countries/regions were all below 5%. Germany (1.8%) and Hong Kong (1.3%) joined the top 10 this quarter, pushing out Indonesia and Venezuela, while India was the only remaining top-10 country to see observed traffic percentages decline, dropping slightly from 2.9% in the third quarter to 2.4%. 
Port 23 (Telnet) remained the most popular target in the fourth quarter, accounting for 32% of observed attacks. All other ports in the top 10 increased their percentages, with si…

Real-time weather insights into business to improve operational performance and decision-making.

Image
The combination of Internet of Things (IoT) and weather prediction and Big data/ analytics and cloud technologies are a game changer when it comes to improve and transform operational performance and decision-making anywhere and anytime.
At Connectikpeople.co, we are proud to note that, forecast points and weather prediction are increasingly precise and granular.
In fact, once integrated with enterprise processes, weather data can be combined inter alia with: data from supply chains, customer buying patterns and other sources to create more valuable insights. 
The economic impact is huge, so Connectikpeople.co salutes the recent strategic alliance between The Weather Company through WSI, its global B2B division, and IBM to improve operational performance and decision-making.

The Momentum of Mobile Event Apps in our mobile-driven world.

Image
It is more and more exciting to see how Mobile Apps dramatically transform our existence, the way we consume and behave, learn and communicate, work and entertain in real-time and anywhere. 
The cloud technologies play a major role in this momentum. In events industry for instance, Connectikpeople.co observe that, mobile apps are one of the keys drivers of event engagement.
It is henceforth clear that, Emerging technologies are impacting every facet of meetings and events in the way that, the Event Marketing Institute, partnered with Cvent, Inc., to develop and conduct a study to quantify how event planners are currently leveraging mobile app technology and services. 
Key findings from the study include: By 2016,88% of planners expect their attendees to consider mobile event apps as critical to their event experience. By 2016, 86% of planners will have an app at their event. The top 10% of respondents in terms of current attendee app usage say 85% of their attend…

A set of critical Advantages of cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions.

Image
In our highly competitive environment, to be successful, businesses need to rethink strategies for finding, assessing and retaining people.
The cloud technology brings the flexibility and agility, businesses need to simplify and democratize its HR management platform and support constant technological innovation of processes. 
Cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions improve inter alia: decision-making capability; automate recruitment, increase the quality of its employee learning and deliver a comprehensive view of talent management anywhere and anytime.
With the Cloud-based human capital management (HCM) solutions, Connectikpeople.co talks about assessments for recruiting, learning management, performance management and compensation management.
Tryg, an industry insurance leader in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, selected the SuccessFactors HCM Suite with the goal to simplify processes, optimize labor efficiency, increase customer retention and deliver world-class customer servi…