Considerations at the core of stakes about the Business Use of Drones
Steadily the drone industry is gaining in maturity. From technology advancements, and increasing uses cases to wide adoption, it is clear that, drones continue, and will play major roles in everyday life.
- What factors must management consider prior to signing off on the acquisition and implementation of a corporate drone program?
- What questions must be asked and answers obtained to enable management to assess the far-ranging risks associated with the use of drones as a strategic business tool?
- What policies and procedures must be in place before the organization deploys its first corporate drone?
Along with the white paper, ISACA polled its global membership to gauge the use of and planning for drones in their respective organizations. Among the findings of that survey:
- 75 percent say security or privacy are their biggest concern about the business use of drones.
- 65 percent say most organizations that would benefit from the use of drones are unprepared to address the necessary security and privacy requirements.
- 63 percent do not believe their existing staff has sufficient expertise to evaluate the security of drones.
- Just 25 percent believe the benefits of drones outweigh the security and privacy risks, but an additional 48 percent say the benefits will outweigh the risks in the future, when those concerns are addressed more thoroughly.